Our distressed municipal credit strategy invests with an experienced team that focuses on niche distressed and defaulted municipal obligations. The strategy focuses on over-leveraged municipal enterprises and underperforming assets that typically require additional capital. Examples of target investments with municipal financing include the following:
- Healthcare: providers of in-patient medical care and other related services
- Retirement communities: continuing care retirement communities
- Tax increment financing: bonds issued to finance infrastructure for development of commercial centers and urban infill projects
- Special tax districts: residential and commercial developments utilizing specially taxed districts
- Municipalities: distressed situations that arise from pension obligations
For information about this fund, please contact our Investor Relations group at 404-419-6130.